Built in 1898 at 624 West Alexandrine, the El Moore has seen a lot of neighbors come, then go, then come and go some more. As the Midtown neighborhood once known as Cass Corridor continues to flourish, there are definitely some welcome new neighbors moving in, but we’re glad to see some of our old friends who still remain. Some of them for as long as the El Moore itself. No doubt they have some stories of their own to tell, and we’ll be getting to that in the future. Count on it.
But for now, here is a brief listing of some of our Alexandrine neighbors:
FROM CASS AND ALEXANDRINE HEADED TOWARD WOODWARD
The Children’s Center at 79 Alexandrine
Great Lakes Roast Coffee at Woodward, southwest corner of Alexandrine
PNC Bank northwest corner of Alexandrine
FROM CASS AND ALEXANDRINE HEADED TOWARD LODGE
Slow’s BBQ on Cass and Alexandrine
Old Fire Station (Squad #2) just down the street from Slow’s BBQ.
Tom Boy Market, located at 2nd and Alexandrine, east side.
The El Moore, located at 2nd and Alexandrine, west side