El Moore Lodge
Gardenview Hostel Rooms
New Hostel Accommodations in the Heart of Vibrant Midtown, Detroit!
Located on the garden level of the historic El Moore Lodge, our male and female hostel accommodations offer travelers affordable shared lodging without sacrificing comfort, convenience or privacy. Named after native Michigan plants found at the El Moore, the Holly and the Hawthorn each offer guests two twin bunk-style beds with Naturepedic mattresses, in-room storage and dedicated washrooms with large showers. Also includes free Wifi and a continental breakfast featuring local Detroit artisan foods.
Make a more sustainable choice by sharing accommodations and lowering your travel’s eco-footprint. Super-insulated walls and keyless entry ensure guests’ comfort and privacy, while generous windows offer plenty of natural light. Meanwhile, our geothermal and air circulation systems guarantee that guests’ rooms are fresh and comfortable no matter what time of year they’re traveling.
Located in the garden level of the El Moore, The Holly offers two twin bunk style beds, private en-suite washroom, private storage locker and desk. Multiple windows allow plenty of natural light. Includes curtains for sleeping privacy, convenient LED reading lights and bedside plugs for recharging your smartphone. More >
Located in the garden level of the El Moore, The Hawthorn offers two twin bunk style beds, two historic windows, dedicated washroom and private storage locker. Large windows allow plenty of natural light. Includes curtains for sleeping privacy, convenient LED reading lights and bedside plugs for recharging your smartphone. More >
- Twin size bunk-style beds with Naturepedic mattresses, privacy curtains, LED night light, recharging station
- Dedicated bathrooms with large shower
- In-room, locking storage cabinet
- Free Wi-Fi enabled
- Continental breakfast serving Detroit artisan foods
- Use of community Parlor Room for reading, working and conversation
- Designed to provide natural light
- Geothermal heating and cooling…using the earth’s renewable energy.
- Super-insulated building envelope … providing comfort and energy savings.
- Energy Recovery Ventilator … proving continuous flow of tempered fresh air.
- Occupancy controlled LED lighting … efficient lighting only when and where it’s needed.
- Water saving fixtures … selected for effectiveness and water efficiency
- Rain water harvesting … for Michigan native plant gardens.
- 42 Solar PV Panels … meeting our low energy demands with renewable energy
- Low waste systems … supporting building-wide recycling and composting